Student Visa Checklist
- Online Application form fully filled available at vfs global
- Download all forms, print and sign where applicable.
- Any Errors on the printed form cannot be modified by Pen/Pencil at the time of Submission.
- Applicants are advised to ensure accuracy of the details entered in the online Form.
- ONE recent photograph (2 inch x 2 inch), meeting strict specifications. IPVSC Centres in Australia provide photography services as per the guidelines of International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO). This service is chargeable and available for standard photographs of Adult and children. (Assistance may not be available for Infant and applicants’ with Special Needs).
- Current Original passport with a minimum validity of six months from the date of Application and must have at least two blank page.
- If your occupation selected on your Visa Application form is, “Journalist”, you may only apply for a Journalist Visa, even if you intend to travel for tourism or any work or non-work related purpose. Check Occupation on Form.
- Appointment Letter:-
- All Applicants visiting the application centre for submitting their applications in person are required to schedule an appointment. (Applications sent by Post/Courier do not require scheduling an appointment)
Call on “+91 9408176098” to schedule appointment
- Mode of payment:-
- Eftpos / Credit card – MasterCard or Visa Card issued in Australia (at VFS counters) Cash (at VFS Counters only)
- Money / Postal Order payable to “VFS Services Australia Pty Ltd” only Post Applications- Complete Credit Card Authorization form
- Note: – Personal Cheque and company Cheque are not acceptable.
– Courier Fee is mandatory (Applications received by post will be returned by post)
Additional documents based on specific conditions
- Do you have proof of admission and course duration? Original letter from the University or Recognized Educational Institution confirming admissionand duration of the course. (Recognition by a competent body / regulatory authority that are supported by the Government of India, State Governments)
- Proof of Financial standing of applicant. Submit Copy of latest bank statement (In case parents are Funding the Course, the latest bank statement for parents to be submitted along with covering letter)
- Are you planning to apply on a Foreign Passport? [Non- Australian Passport] Current Visa Status required for Non Australian Passport holders. VEVO or Visa Grant Notice or Visa sticker is an acceptable proof for a valid visa status.
- EXCEPTION: For example, if you are a DUAL national – Australia and UK, and wish to apply on your UK passport, submit a copy of the photo page of your Australian passport.
- Do you need to complete FORM D?
- All Australian/Foreign passport holders who were previously nationals of Pakistan,Afghanistan and DPRK must fill in the FORM-D.
- All nationals of Iran, China, Macau, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Pakistan, Afghanistan and DPRK (whether Permanent Residents in Australia ormust fill in th not) e FORM-D.
- All foreign nationals who are not Permanent Residents in Australia must fill in the FORM-D.
- Proof of Renunciation of your Indian Citizenship, if you were previously an Indian National (Indian Passport Law does not permit Dual Citizenship; therefore all Indian Nationals obtaining a Foreign Citizenship must renounce their Indian Citizenship)
- Provide a copy of any consular service availed after 1st June 2010 from the Indian mission in Australia (i.e. Visa / OCI / PIO) OR provide one of the following:-
- If your Indian passport is officially cancelled, provide a photocopy of the bio page [page with photo and passport details].
- If your Indian Passport is not officially cancelled, submit the original Indian Passport for cancellation, a copy of your Australian OR Foreign Citizenship Certificate and FORM N. Download form
- Also provide FORM J if your appearance in the Indian Passport and Australian Passport differs from the form.
- If your name is different in the Australian/ Foreign passport from that of the Indian passport, submit a copy of your name change certificate (attested by a Justice of Peace or Notary) OR a Statutory Declaration attested by a Justice of Peace or Notary.
- If your Indian passport is not cancelled, penalty may apply –Click here for More information
- If your Indian Passport is lost and not in your possession, submit a Statutory Declaration attested by a Justice of Peace or Notary with details on the reason for the passport not being in your possession. Also submit a copy of your Australian OR Foreign Citizenship Certificate and FORM N
Additional documents for a minor ( child under 18 years)
- Copy of Birth certificate of minor. In case of the minor’s father status being unknown, a Statutory Declaration attested by a Justice of Peace or Notary is required from the mother stating the same.
- Both parents current Passport copy (Page with photo/signature)
- Signature of both parents on the visa application form OR No objection letter (letter of
consent) signed by both parents.
- In the case of single parent/guardian submit additional documentary proof copies such as custody papers / death certificate of the deceased parent / proof of single parent status.